Theres nothing like a warm and tasty chicken and corn pie to bring the family together on a winter weeknight.
The ingredient of Family chicken and corn pie
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 (about 600g) chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 20g butter
- 2 bacon rashers, coarsely chopped
- 1 leek, white part only, thickly sliced
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (40g) plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 420g can creamed corn
- 1/2 cup (70g) frozen corn kernels
- 1 sheet (25cm) ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
The instruction how to make Family chicken and corn pie
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add half the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until brown all over. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Add butter to the pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon, leek and celery and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until leek softens. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until flour becomes slightly grainy. Add stock and chicken and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat. Add creamed corn and corn and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into a 23cm (base measurement) pie dish. Top with the pastry sheet and use a small, sharp knife to trim edges. Lightly brush with egg. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden and filling is heated through. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Family chicken and corn piefatContent: 697.88 calories
saturatedFatContent: 40 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 43 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 39 grams protein
sodiumContent: 215 milligrams cholesterol