We’re crazy about new Korean food – it’s all about flavour and fun, fun, fun. Toss fried chicken with a finger-licking sauce spiked with chilli and fresh ginger.
The ingredient of Sweet and spicy chicken wings
- Peanut oil, to deep-fry
- 70g (1/2 cup) cornflour
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 750g chicken nibbles
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 100g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 4cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut into thin matchsticks
- 60ml (1/4 cup) soy sauce
- 60ml (1/4 cup) honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons dried chilli flakes
- Steamed Asian greens, to serve
- 1 spring onion (shallot), thinly sliced diagonally
The instruction how to make Sweet and spicy chicken wings
- Add enough oil to a large saucepan to reach a depth of 8cm. Heat to 180u00b0C over medium-high heat. Place cornflour and salt in a large sealable plastic bag. Add chicken. Toss to coat. Shake off excess.
- Cook chicken, in 2 batches, for 10-12 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Use tongs to transfer to a wire rack over a baking tray lined with paper towel. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, bring the water, sugar, ginger, soy sauce, honey and vinegar to the boil in a wok over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Stir for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 4-5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Stir in sesame seeds and chilli flakes.
- Add chicken to the soy mixture. Toss to coat. Divide greens and chicken among plates. Sprinkle with spring onion.
Nutritions of Sweet and spicy chicken wingsfatContent: 571.21 calories
saturatedFatContent: 27 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 58 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 25 grams protein