Using smoked chicken gives these pies amazing flavour and saves on cook time.
The ingredient of Smoked chicken and corn pies
- 1 smoked chicken breast, chopped finely
- 310g can creamed corn
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- salt and cracked pepper
- 6 sheets frozen ready rolled shortcrust pastry, thawed (4 circles per sheet)
- milk, for brushing
The instruction how to make Smoked chicken and corn pies
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Place the chicken, corn, green onion, parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Cut circles out of the pastry using a 10cm fluted cutter (if you do not have a fluted cutter, use a plain cutter). Place 1 tablespoon of the chicken mixture in the centre of half the pastry rounds. Top each one with remaining pastry rounds and press the pastry together around the edges with a fork to seal. Prick the centre of each pie with a fork.
- Brush the tops of each pie with a little milk. Place on baking trays lined with baking paper and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or refrigerate until needed.
Nutritions of Smoked chicken and corn piesfatContent: 1250.687 calories
saturatedFatContent: 66 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 28 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 124 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 24 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 38 grams protein
sodiumContent: 134 milligrams cholesterol