Simply take some sheets of fresh lasagne and create this sensational chicken, vegetable and pasta soup!
The ingredient of Chicken, vegetable and pasta soup
- 30g butter
- 1 medium leek, trimmed, halved, washed, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 litre Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (see shortcut)
- 4 fresh lasagne sheets
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken, vegetable and pasta soup
- Melt butter in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add leek, carrot, celery and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until leek has softened. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add stock and 1 litre cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add chicken. Simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, cut lasagne sheets into 1cm x 4cm pieces. Add pasta to soup. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes or until pasta is cooked through. Serve with crusty bread and sprinkled with parsley.
Nutritions of Chicken, vegetable and pasta soupfatContent: 277.957 calories
saturatedFatContent: 10.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4.4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 21.9 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 23.4 grams protein
sodiumContent: 76 milligrams cholesterol