This spicy Thai-style green curry will warm you up inside and out on cold winter nights.
The ingredient of Chicken green curry
- 1 x 210ml can coconut cream
- 8 (about 1kg) chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 8 fresh kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 1 x 400g can coconut milk
- 200g green beans, topped, halved diagonally
- 1 x 125g punnet baby corn, halved diagonally
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped palm sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh Thai basil leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- 4 long fresh green chillies, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander roots and stems
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh galangal
- 3 purple (Asian) eschalots, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1 stem lemon grass, pale section only, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Masterfoods Ground Coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt flakes
The instruction how to make Chicken green curry
- To make the green curry paste, place the chilli, fresh coriander, galangal, eschalot, garlic, lemon grass, lime rind, shrimp paste, ground coriander, pepper, cumin, turmeric, nutmeg and salt in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped and well combined.
- Place the coconut cream in a wok over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until it almost separates. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until aromatic. Add the chicken, lime leaves and coconut milk and stir to combine. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce thickens slightly. Add the beans and baby corn and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the beans are bright green and tender crisp. Remove from heat.
- Add the fish sauce, palm sugar, half the basil and half the coriander to the curry mixture and stir until well combined.
- Spoon the chicken green curry among serving bowls. Top with the remaining basil and coriander and serve with steamed rice, if desired.
Nutritions of Chicken green curryfatContent: 697.641 calories
saturatedFatContent: 48 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 30 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 14 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 12 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 50 grams protein
sodiumContent: 198 milligrams cholesterol