With the weather finally getting warmer, you can start getting into tasty, hearty salads for dinner again!
The ingredient of Mediterranean chicken salad
- 2 small red onions, cut into wedges
- 250g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 3 cups torn ciabatta bread
- 2 small chicken breast fillets
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 200g mixed baby salad leaves (mesclun)
- 1/2 cup small fresh basil leaves
The instruction how to make Mediterranean chicken salad
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Place onions and tomatoes in separate bowls and toss each in 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Spread onions on a large baking tray and bake for 20 minutes until tender. Add tomatoes and ciabatta to the same tray for the fi nal 8 minutes of cooking, until tomatoes just begin to collapse and bread is golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, toss chicken and dried herbs in a bowl with remaining olive oil. Cook chicken on a hot chargrill over high heat for 4-5 minutes each side until just cooked through. Tear into strips while still warm.
- Combine garlic, vinegar and extra virgin olive oil in a screwtop jar and shake well.
- Place the salad leaves in a large bowl and add chicken, onions, tomatoes, ciabatta and basil leaves. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat, then divide among plates or bowls.
Nutritions of Mediterranean chicken saladfatContent: 526.278 calories
saturatedFatContent: 31 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 22 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 39 grams protein
sodiumContent: 85 milligrams cholesterol