The secret to these fantastic rolls is the creamy home-made mayonnaise. Try whipping up a batch and taste the difference for yourself.
The ingredient of Chicken, mayonnaise and watercress rolls
- 4 large oval bread rolls
- 50g watercress, washed, dried, sprigs picked
- 1 x 350g pkt smoked chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & ground white pepper
- 300ml olive oil
The instruction how to make Chicken, mayonnaise and watercress rolls
- To make the mayonnaise, place the egg yolks, vinegar and mustard in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Use an electric beater to whisk until mixture is foamy. Gradually add a few drops of oil to the egg-yolk mixture and whisk until well combined and mixture begins to thicken. Continue adding the oil, 1 tablespoonful at a time, whisking well between each addition until the mayonnaise is thick and glossy. (To make the mayonnaise thinner, gradually whisk in 1-2 tablespoons boiling water.)
- Place plastic wrap directly on the surface of mayonnaise and store in the fridge until required.
- Make a lengthways cut into the side of each bread roll (do not cut all the way through). Spread the inside of the rolls with mayonnaise. Top with watercress, chicken and tomato. Place on a large serving platter and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Chicken, mayonnaise and watercress rollsfatContent: