Forget slaving over a stove tonight - pick up a barbecued chicken on the way home and turn it into these super tasty, super easy toasties.
The ingredient of Chicken and basil toasties
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- 30g baby rocket
- 1 cup semi-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded barbecued chicken
- 170g bocconcini cheese, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Chicken and basil toasties
- Preheat a grill on medium-high heat. Grill both sides bread for 3 minutes or until toasted. Brush both sides of bread with oil. Spread 1 side of each bread slice with pesto.
- Layer rocket, semi-dried tomatoes and chicken on 6 bread slices. Season chicken with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Arrange bocconcini on chicken. Top with remaining bread slices, pesto side down. Cut each sandwich in half. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Chicken and basil toastiesfatContent: