Pack a picnic basket with these tasty rolls and enjoy a day in the sun!
The ingredient of Chicken and asparagus rolls
- 16 parbake white buffet rolls
- 1 bunch thin asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut in half crossways
- 125g (1/2 cup) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 (about 150g) smoked chicken breast fillet, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Chicken and asparagus rolls
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C. Place the rolls on a baking tray. Bake in oven for 5 minutes or until lightly golden. Set aside to cool.
- Place the asparagus in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside for 2 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well. Place on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Combine the mayonnaise, capers and lemon rind in a bowl. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Split each roll in half, without cutting all the way through. Spread the inside of each roll with the mayonnaise mixture. Top with asparagus and chicken. Place on a plate and serve.
Nutritions of Chicken and asparagus rollsfatContent: 334.6 calories
saturatedFatContent: 12 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 44 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 11 grams protein