Forget counting calories, this delicious salad is low cal and perfectly balanced in goodness and flavour. Hooray!
The ingredient of Chicken, asparagus and watercress salad
- 600g chicken breast fillets
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, halved
- 200g snow peas, trimmed
- 1/2 bunch watercress, sprigs picked
- 400g can brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tbs orange juice
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- 2 tsp honey
- 60ml (1/4 cup) light sour cream
The instruction how to make Chicken, asparagus and watercress salad
- Cut the chicken breasts horizontally into 12 thin slices. Place the garlic, lemon juice and olive oil in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add the chicken and stir to coat. Cover and set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a chargrill pan on high heat. Drain chicken from marinade. Cook chicken for 2-3 minutes each side or until lightly charred and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, blanch asparagus and snow peas in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender crisp. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well. Combine asparagus, snow peas, watercress and lentils in a large bowl.
- For the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a small jug.
- Divide chicken and asparagus salad among serving plates. Drizzle with the poppy seed dressing.
Nutritions of Chicken, asparagus and watercress saladfatContent: 379.771 calories
saturatedFatContent: 11 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 29 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 46 grams protein