Hearty, rich and full of flavour, this one-pot chicken cacciatore really has got the lot!
The ingredient of One-pot chicken cacciatore
- 4 (about 1kg) chicken marylands
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 200g rindless bacon rashers, cut into lardons
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 150ml white wine
- 250ml (1 cup) chicken stock
- 6 overripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 10 pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon Masterfoods Oregano Leaves
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 100g thinly sliced smoked speck
- Chopped fresh continental parsley, to serve
- 40g (1/2 cup) finely grated parmesan
The instruction how to make One-pot chicken cacciatore
- Use a sharp knife to separate the chicken thighs from the drumsticks. Season the chicken pieces. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken, in batches, for 5 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the mushroom to the pan and cook, stirring often, for 3-5 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a separate plate. Add the bacon to the pan and cook, stirring, for 3-5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan. Cook, stirring, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until light golden. Add the wine and cook until reduced by half. Stir in the stock, tomato, olives, oregano and bay leaf. Bring to a simmer. Return the chicken, mushroom and bacon to the pan. Cook, uncovered, for 40 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook the speck in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Top the chicken cacciatore with the crispy speck, parsley and parmesan.
Nutritions of One-pot chicken cacciatorefatContent: 752.133 calories
saturatedFatContent: 51 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 10 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 54 grams protein