Wednesday night cooking doesnt get much easier - or tastier - than this one-pot dish.
The ingredient of Chicken and chorizo hotpot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 750g chicken thigh fillets, excess fat trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons MasterFoodsu00ae Smoked Paprika
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 1 (about 50g) bought roasted red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 60g (1/3 cup) green olives
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- Toasted crusty bread, to serve
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Salt, to season
The instruction how to make Chicken and chorizo hotpot
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook, turning occasionally, for 2 minutes or until crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan. Add half the chicken and cook for 2 minutes or until browned. Transfer to the plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and paprika and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the chorizo, chicken, tomato, water, capsicum and olives. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Stir in half the parsley. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Divide among serving plates and sprinkle with the remaining parsley. Serve with bread and mixed salad leaves.
Nutritions of Chicken and chorizo hotpotfatContent: 365.67 calories
saturatedFatContent: 20 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 6 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 39 grams protein
sodiumContent: 165 milligrams cholesterol