Pumpkin adds a touch of sweetness to this Thai chicken curry.
The ingredient of Pumpkin & chicken red curry
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 x 400ml can coconut milk
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 500g jarrahdale pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 3cm cubes
- 4 fresh kaffir lime leaves
- 150g green beans, topped, cut into 3cm lengths
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 30g (1/2 cup) bean sprouts, trimmed
- 1/2 cup fresh Thai basil leaves
- 2 x pkt Uncle Bensu00ae Microwave Brown Rice, heated following packet instructions, to serve
The instruction how to make Pumpkin & chicken red curry
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the coconut milk and water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Add the chicken, pumpkin and lime leaves and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. Add the beans, lime juice, sugar and fish sauce and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until the beans are bright green and tender crisp.
- Divide the curry among serving bowls. Top with bean sprouts and Thai basil leaves. Serve with rice.
Nutritions of Pumpkin & chicken red curryfatContent: 463.182 calories
saturatedFatContent: 32 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 18 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 16 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 14 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 27 grams protein