Served with flavours from India this cauliflower soup is sure to spice up your night!
The ingredient of Indian spiced cauliflower soup
- 40g ghee or butter
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1 long green chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 large potato, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups (1L) Massel vegetable stock
- 400ml can coconut milk
- Extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Pappadums, to serve
The instruction how to make Indian spiced cauliflower soup
- Heat half the ghee or butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens. Add garlic, ginger, chilli, cumin, coriander, garam masala and turmeric. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until fragrant.
- Reserve 2 of the cauliflower florets. Add remaining cauliflower and potato to the onion mixture. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 mins or until cauliflower is tender. Reserve 2 tbs of the coconut milk. Add the remaining coconut milk to the cauliflower mixture and stir to combine. Set aside for 10 mins to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining ghee or butter in a small frying pan over low heat. Thinly slice the reserved cauliflower lengthways into 5mm-thick slices. Cook, turning occasionally, for 3 mins or until light golden and tender.
- Place the soup in a blender and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Return to the saucepan over low heat. Cook for 5 mins or until heated through.
- Divide soup among serving bowls. Drizzle with the reserved coconut milk and olive oil. Top with cauliflower slices and coriander leaves. Serve with the pappadums.
Nutritions of Indian spiced cauliflower soupfatContent: 322.65 calories
saturatedFatContent: 23 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 18 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 7 grams protein