This menu is all about sharing great food thats easy to prepare, just like this one-pot wonder - add all the ingredients and youre done.
The ingredient of Chicken and leek rice
- 6 (about 1kg) chicken thigh cutlets
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 leek, ends trimmed, halved lengthways, washed, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 600g (3 cups) white long-grain rice
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/2 cup fresh continental parsley leaves
The instruction how to make Chicken and leek rice
- Place the chicken, flour and Chinese five spice in a sealable plastic bag. Season with pepper. Seal and toss to coat.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the carrot, leek and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until the leek softens.
- Add the rice and stir to combine. Add the stock and stir until well combined. Return the chicken to the pan. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 12-15 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed. Set aside, covered, for 10 minutes to stand. Sprinkle with the fresh parsley leaves to serve.
Nutritions of Chicken and leek ricefatContent: 619.01 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 83 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 26 grams protein
sodiumContent: 83 milligrams cholesterol