Nagi says, "This is one of the fastest meals in my repertoire, as well as being a staple pantry meal. I also use other proteins, and sometimes I cook broccoli and carrot right into the soup!"
The ingredient of Chinese chicken and corn soup
- 1 litre Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/4 cup Homemade Chinese Stir-fry Sauce (see notes)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons shao hsing (Chinese cooking wine)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1.5cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 410g cans creamed corn
- 3 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (see note)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Steamed Chinese broccoli (see note), to serve
The instruction how to make Chinese chicken and corn soup
- Place stock, stir-fry sauce, shao hsing, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and creamed corn in a large saucepan over high heat. Stir to combine. Bring to the boil. Cover. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Blend cornflour with 2 teaspoons water until smooth. Add to the soup. Simmer for 2 minutes, stirring, until soup thickens slightly.
- Add chicken. Stir to combine. Gradually add egg, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle soup with green onion and serve with Chinese broccoli.
Nutritions of Chinese chicken and corn soupfatContent: 429.483 calories
saturatedFatContent: 13.2 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3.3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 43.1 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 30.5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 211 milligrams cholesterol