For a healthy main or hearty side, try our delicious Moroccan carrot and chicken salad.
The ingredient of Moroccan carrot and chicken salad
- 2 teaspoons harissa paste
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 bunches baby carrots, trimmed, scrubbed
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into 4cm lengths, thick stems halved
- 1 bunch kale, trimmed, chopped
- 290g (1 1/2 cups) cooked quinoa
- 175g (1 cup) shredded barbecued chicken, skin and fat removed
- 1 tablespoon currants
- 1 tablespoon pepitas
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 75g drained labneh
The instruction how to make Moroccan carrot and chicken salad
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine harissa, 1 tsp cumin and 1 tsp oil in a large bowl. Add carrots and toss until well coated. Place on prepared tray and bake for 25 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tsp oil in a large deep frying pan or wok over mediumhigh heat. Cook the garlic and remaining 1 tsp cumin, stirring, for 30 seconds, until aromatic. Add broccolini and 2 tbs water and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until almost tender. Add kale and cook, stirring, until just wilted. Add the quinoa, chicken, currants, pepitas, sunflower seeds and lemon juice. Toss until combined and warmed through. Season to taste.
- Pile salad onto a serving platter. Top with roasted carrots and dollop with labneh.
Nutritions of Moroccan carrot and chicken saladfatContent: 284.649 calories
saturatedFatContent: 10 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 23 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 21 grams protein