Italian flavours spring to life in this rich, hearty chicken recipe.
The ingredient of Italian-style chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 sticks celery, thinly sliced
- 100g pancetta or bacon, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups cooked Basic tomato sauce (see related recipe)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 3/4 cup black or green olives
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
The instruction how to make Italian-style chicken drumsticks
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add celery and pancetta. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until celery is tender. Stir in tomato sauce and wine or stock. Bring to the boil.
- Place chicken into a shallow 6-cup capacity ovenproof dish in a single layer. Pour over hot sauce. Press lemon wedges and olives into sauce. Bake, uncovered,for 30 to 40 minutes or until cooked through. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve.
Nutritions of Italian-style chicken drumsticksfatContent: 681.628 calories
saturatedFatContent: 45 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 11 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 54 grams protein