Crumbed chicken is a perennial favourite. This recipe is quick cooking, low-fat and delicious - Perfect!
The ingredient of Crumbed chicken with mushroom sauce
- 195g (1 1/2 cups) cornflake crumbs
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour
- 2 egg whites
- 4 (about 180g each) single chicken breast fillets, tenderloins removed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100g sliced prosciutto, excess fat trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 100g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 x 375ml can light & creamy evaporated milk
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut in half diagonally
- Baby rocket leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Crumbed chicken with mushroom sauce
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Place crumbs and flour on separate plates. Place the egg whites in a bowl and whisk until frothy. Coat a piece of chicken in flour and shake off any excess. Dip in egg white, then crumbs, pressing firmly to coat. Place on a non-stick baking tray. Repeat with remaining chicken, flour, egg white and crumbs.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until goldenbrown and cooked through. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add the prosciutto and mushroom and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden. Add milk and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to mediumlow and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the asparagus in a medium saucepan of salted boiling water for 2 minutes or until tender crisp. Drain.
- Slice chicken and divide among plates. Spoon over the sauce and serve with rocket and asparagus.
Nutritions of Crumbed chicken with mushroom saucefatContent: 630.96 calories
saturatedFatContent: 15 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 50 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 75 grams protein