Make dinner a fast, easy and low fat affair with this Asian-flavoured chicken dish.
The ingredient of Chargrilled chicken breast with ginger
- 750ml (3 cups) water
- 300g (1 1/2 cups) Basmati rice, rinsed well under cold water
- 95g (1/4 cup) hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon tamari (wheat-free soy sauce)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 4 (about 200g each) single chicken breast fillets
The instruction how to make Chargrilled chicken breast with ginger
- Place the water in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat. Add the rice. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered, for 10-12 minutes or until rice is tender. Set aside, covered, for 5 minutes to stand.
- Meanwhile, combine the hoisin sauce, tamari, garlic and ginger in a bowl. Place the chicken in a large bowl and pour over the hoisin mixture. Gently toss to coat. Set aside for 5 minutes to develop the flavours.
- Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill pan on medium. Cook chicken on grill for 7-8 minutes each side or until cooked through. Thickly slice across the grain.
- Divide the Asian watercress salad among serving plates. Top with chicken and serve with rice.
Nutritions of Chargrilled chicken breast with gingerfatContent: 552.09 calories
saturatedFatContent: 6.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 69 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 52 grams protein