Make a roast chicken with a difference - pine nuts are the star ingredient in this fragrant stuffing.
The ingredient of Chicken with pine nut stuffing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 150g baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1.7kg whole chicken
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 2 cups fresh multigrain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1.5kg mixed vegetables (such as potatoes, parsnip and carrots)
The instruction how to make Chicken with pine nut stuffing
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion. Cook, stirring often, for 4 minutes or until soft. Add spinach. Cook for 1 minute. Cool.
- Meanwhile, rinse chicken. Pat-dry inside and out with paper towels. Season cavity with salt and pepper. Rub skin with 1 tablespoon of oil, and salt and pepper.
- Combine thyme, breadcrumbs, cooled spinach mixture, nuts, and salt and pepper. Mix well. Lift the skin at cavity end of chicken breast. Gently separate skin from flesh on chicken breasts. Press 1/3 cup of stuffing under skin. Massage skin with your fingertips to distribute stuffing. Fill chicken cavity with remaining stuffing. Tie legs together with cooking string.
- Place chicken, breast-side up, into a roasting pan. Arrange vegetables around chicken. Brush chicken and vegetables with remaining oil. Roast for 1 hour or until juices run clear when thickest part of chicken is pierced with a skewer and vegetables are crisp and tender. Remove from oven. Cover with foil. Stand for 10 minutes. Serve chicken with vegetables.
Nutritions of Chicken with pine nut stuffingfatContent: 833.632 calories
saturatedFatContent: 34 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 46 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 14 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 72 grams protein