Succulent chicken breasts with pockets of sweet apricot filling team perfectly with lemony couscous.
The ingredient of Honey and apricot chicken
- 2/3 cup dried apricots
- 4 chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 60g butter, chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 garlic clove
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 lime, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Sunbeam walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
The instruction how to make Honey and apricot chicken
- Preheat barbecue plate on medium heat. Soak apricots in a bowl of boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and allow to cool. Using a sharp knife, make a deep cut along 1 side of each chicken breast to form a large pocket (do not cut all the way through).
- Place apricots, butter, honey and garlic in a food processor. Process until just smooth. Spoon apricot mixture into chicken pockets. Secure with 1 or 2 toothpicks. Season both sides chicken with salt and pepper.
- Make coriander couscous: Place couscous in a large, heatproof bowl. Pour over boiling water. Cover and stand for 3 minutes or until water is absorbed. Stir with a fork to separate grains. Add onion, lime rind, 2 tablespoons lime juice, cucumber, walnuts and coriander. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Spray both sides chicken with oil. Barbecue for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Remove toothpicks. Thickly slice and serve with coriander couscous.
Nutritions of Honey and apricot chickenfatContent: 695.012 calories
saturatedFatContent: 23 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 65 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 32 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 53 grams protein
sodiumContent: 152 milligrams cholesterol