This tasty Waldorf salad is a delicious combination of nuts, apple and succulent chicken in a tangy mayonnaise dressing.
The ingredient of Chicken waldorf salad
- 4 (about 900g) chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme
- 1 cup (235g) good-quality whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1 large red apple, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 celery stalks, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 radicchio, leaves separated, torn
- 1 baby endive, leaves separated
- 1/2 cup (55g) walnut halves
The instruction how to make Chicken waldorf salad
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add chicken and cook for about 1 1/2 minutes each side or until lightly brown. Transfer to an oven tray and sprinkle with thyme. Cover with foil and bake in oven for 12 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, water and chives in a small bowl. Place the apple, celery and remaining lemon juice in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Use a large sharp knife to thickly slice the chicken. Arrange the radicchio and endive leaves on serving plates. Top with apple mixture and chicken. Drizzle with mayonnaise mixture and sprinkle with walnuts.
Nutritions of Chicken waldorf saladfatContent: 673.98 calories
saturatedFatContent: 41 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 20 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 16 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 54 grams protein
sodiumContent: 152 milligrams cholesterol