Give traditional roast chicken an exciting make-over with these Asian flavours.
The ingredient of Oriental roast chicken
- 1.6kg (size 16) chicken
- 60mls (1/4 cup) soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons black bean sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 small fresh red chilli, deseeded, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- Steamed bok choy, to serve
- Cooked egg noodles, to serve
The instruction how to make Oriental roast chicken
- Preheat oven to 180u00b00.
- Rinse the chicken cavity and pat dry all over with paper towel. Combine the soy sauce, black bean sauce, sesame oil, chilli and ginger in a small bowl and mix well. Rub the soy sauce mixture evenly over the chicken, coveting all the skin.
- Place chicken breast-side down in a roasting pan and roast in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, occasionally basting with remaining marinade. Turn chicken and spoon any cooking juices over the top. Return to the oven and roast for a further 30-40 minutes, basting occasionally, or until cooked through and skin is crisp and golden.
- Strain the cooking juices. Serve the chicken with the cooking juices spooned over and accompanied by the steamed bok choy and egg noodles.
Nutritions of Oriental roast chickenfatContent: 484.453 calories
saturatedFatContent: 30 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 3 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 51 grams protein
sodiumContent: 199 milligrams cholesterol