Oranges, lemons and beautiful spices play with the succulent chicken legs to create a winning meal.
The ingredient of Citrus and tarragon chicken
- 125ml (1/2 cup) white balsamic vinegar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) golden syrup
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 oranges, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2 lemons, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed coarsely chopped fresh tarragon
- 20 (about 100g each) chicken lovely legs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 orange, peeled, segmented
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
The instruction how to make Citrus and tarragon chicken
- Combine the vinegar, golden syrup, thyme, garlic, orange and lemon rind and juice, and tarragon in a jug. Divide chicken among 2 glass or ceramic bowls. Pour over vinegar mixture and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight to develop the flavours.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Drain the chicken and reserve the marinade. Heat oil in a large roasting pan over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, for 4 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Return chicken to the roasting pan with the reserved marinade and orange segments. Cover tightly with foil. Bake in the oven for 1 hour, turning after 30 minutes and basting with pan juices.
- Remove from oven. Transfer chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Place roasting pan over high heat and bring pan juices to the boil. Boil, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Serve chicken and orange segments drizzled with sauce.
Nutritions of Citrus and tarragon chickenfatContent: 293.492 calories
saturatedFatContent: 15 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 16 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 16 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 22 grams protein
sodiumContent: 107 milligrams cholesterol