Orange juice gives a sweet and zesty flavour to this delicious family chicken meal.
The ingredient of Balsamic orange chicken
- 4 large (about 600g) chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, halved
- 1 orange, juiced
- 80ml (1/3 cup) balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Salt & ground black pepper
- Olive oil, for greasing
- 1 225g loaf Mediterranean focaccia (Don Emilios brand)
- 1/2 butter lettuce, leaves separated, washed, dried
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced lengthways
The instruction how to make Balsamic orange chicken
- Place the chicken into a large, shallow glass or ceramic dish. Combine the orange juice, balsamic vinegar and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the marinade over the chicken and turn the chicken to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 15 minutes (or longer if time permits), to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C. Brush a chargrill or barbecue grill with olive oil to lightly grease and preheat on medium-high.
- Cook the chicken, basting with marinade occasionally, for 4-5 minutes on each side or until just cooked through (see microwave tip). Keep warm. Meanwhile, place the focaccia in preheated oven for 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the oven and slice. Arrange the lettuce, cucumber, chicken and sliced focaccia on serving plates and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Balsamic orange chickenfatContent: 337.707 calories
saturatedFatContent: 9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 28 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 33 grams protein
sodiumContent: 118 milligrams cholesterol