Succulent tender chicken is a great choice with the flavour combination of chilli and lime.
The ingredient of Chilli and lime chicken
- 150g butter
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- 2 limes, rind finely grated
- 1 fresh chilli, chopped
- 1 stalk lemon grass, white part, finely chopped
- 4 chicken Marylands
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1kg parsnips, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
- Peas, to serve
- Fresh mint leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Chilli and lime chicken
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Combine 100g butter, at room temperature, 4 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded, 2 limes, rind finely grated, 1 fresh chilli, chopped and 1 stalk lemon grass, white part, finely chopped, together in a large mixing bowl.
- Press the butter under the skin of 4 chicken Marylands. Place on a baking tray and season with plenty of sea salt & freshly ground pepper. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook 1kg parsnips, peeled, cut into chunks in a saucepan of boiling water until tender. Drain and then mash with 50g butter and 1/3 cup (80ml) milk. Serve with the chicken and cooked peas tossed with fresh mint leaves.
Nutritions of Chilli and lime chickenfatContent: 659.162 calories
saturatedFatContent: 41 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 23 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 27 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 14 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 41 grams protein
sodiumContent: 245 milligrams cholesterol