Tender broad beans add fresh flavour and brilliant colour to winter meals.
The ingredient of Chicken and broad bean casserole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (about 800g) chicken thigh cutlets
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 anchovies, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) dry white wine
- 400g can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup (85g) pimento-stuffed green olives
- 1 cup (150g) broad beans, thawed, peeled
- Pasta or steamed rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken and broad bean casserole
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Heat oil in a roasting pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion, garlic and anchovies to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens and anchovies dissolve. Add the chicken and pour over the wine. Bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until wine reduces by half. Add tomato, tomato paste and olives and stir to combine. Remove from heat. Cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens. Remove from oven and add the broad beans. Set aside for 5 minutes to heat through.
- Spoon evenly among serving plates. Serve with pasta or rice, if desired.
Nutritions of Chicken and broad bean casserolefatContent: 338.424 calories
saturatedFatContent: 18 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 9 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 28 grams protein
sodiumContent: 101 milligrams cholesterol