Take the stress out of weekdays with these super-fast, budget friendly Spicy yoghurt chicken skewers.
The ingredient of Spicy yoghurt chicken skewers
- 12 (500g) chicken tenderloins, trimmed
- 1 cup reduced-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Pinch chilli powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lime rind
- Steamed Basmati rice, to serve
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Spicy yoghurt chicken skewers
- Thread chicken onto skewers. Place in a ceramic dish. Combine yoghurt, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, turmeric, chilli and lime rind in a bowl. Pour over chicken. Turn to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour, if time permits. Drain marinade.
- Preheat barbecue plate or chargrill pan on medium heat. Place a piece of baking paper on plate or chargrill pan (see note). Cook skewers for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until chicken is golden and just cooked through. Serve with rice, coriander and lime wedges.
Nutritions of Spicy yoghurt chicken skewersfatContent: 228.245 calories
saturatedFatContent: 6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 12 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 31 grams protein
sodiumContent: 82 milligrams cholesterol