Lighten up with these healthy, fresh flavours that are ready in a flash.
The ingredient of Sweet chilli chicken pitas
- 850g chicken tenderloins
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce, or to taste, plus extra to serve
- Olive oil spray
- 4 wholemeal pita breads, warmed, halved
- 2 cups Asian salad leaves (see note)
- 2 small tomatoes, seeds removed, cut into wedges
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 long red chillies, seeds removed, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup Thai basil (see note)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- Lime wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Sweet chilli chicken pitas
- Combine the chicken tenderloins, garlic, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce in a bowl and stir well to coat.
- Preheat a chargrill pan or large frypan over medium heat. Spray the chicken with a little oil and cook, in batches if necessary, for 3 minutes each side or until lightly charred and cooked through. Slice.
- Stuff the pita bread with the salad leaves, tomatoes, onion, chilli, if using, herbs and chicken. Serve with extra sweet chilli sauce and lime cheeks to squeeze over.
Nutritions of Sweet chilli chicken pitasfatContent: 433.307 calories
saturatedFatContent: 5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 38 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 55 grams protein
sodiumContent: 125 milligrams cholesterol