Feed your family with this hearty chicken and spring onion pie from Curtis Stone.
The ingredient of Chicken and spring onion pie
- 550g chicken thigh fillets, from the deli
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 20g butter
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 5 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Coles Brand Whole Grain Mustard
- 1/3 cup (about 50g) Coles Plain Flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup thickened cream
- 1 sheet Coles Brand frozen Puff Pastry, thawed
- 1 Coles Free Range Egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon Coles Brand milk, to glaze pastry
- Sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- Mixed lettuce salad, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken and spring onion pie
- Preheat the oven to 200C (180C fan-forced). Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Place on a large baking tray and roast for 15 minutes. Turn and roast for a further 15 minutes, until cooked and golden brown. Set aside to cool slightly and reduce oven temperature to 180C. Reserve the pan juices. When cool enough to handle, shred chicken into large chunks and place in a bowl.
- Melt the butter in large heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and spring onions and cook for 5 minutes or until tender, but not browned. Stir in the mustard, then flour and cook over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Slowly whisk in chicken stock, cream and pan juices. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until sauce thickens. Stir in shredded chicken and season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool, and then refrigerate.
- To assemble the pie, spoon the chicken mixture into a greased baking dish. Drape pastry over the baking dish and press firmly around the rim to seal. Cut slits into the top, brush with egg and milk wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake in the oven for 50 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Set aside to cool slightly before serving.
Nutritions of Chicken and spring onion piefatContent: