If you like, mop up this tasty curry with chunks of fresh baguette, which is also known as "sauce scoop" in Vietnam.
The ingredient of Cari ga (chicken curry)
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1 large stem lemon grass, pale section only, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- 350g sweet potato (kumara), peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 x 400ml cans coconut milk
- 250ml (1 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock (see note)
- 3 bay leaves
- 700g chicken breast fillets, cut into 4cm pieces
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (see note)
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
The instruction how to make Cari ga (chicken curry)
- Heat the oil in a wok or large saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook the lemon grass, garlic and ginger for 1 minute or until aromatic. Stir in the curry powder, sweet potato and carrot. Add the coconut milk, stock and bay leaves. Simmer for 25 minutes or until the vegetables are almost cooked.
- Add the chicken to the wok. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Stir in the sugar and fish sauce. Season with pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with coriander.
Nutritions of Cari ga (chicken curry)fatContent: 329.82 calories
saturatedFatContent: 21 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 15 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 12 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 23 grams protein