The ingredient of Soy chicken with choy sum
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thick soy sauce (Ayam brand)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground star anise
- 4 (about 185g each) single chicken breast fillets, excess fat trimmed
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 bunch choy sum, ends trimmed, cut into 3 equal lengths
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Soy chicken with choy sum
- Combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, sweet chilli sauce and star anise in a shallow, square 20cm (base measurement), heatproof, microwave-safe dish. Add the chicken and turn to coat with marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 15 minutes (or longer if time permits) to marinate.
- Place the sesame seeds in an oven bag and twist the opening to close. Cook on High/800watts/100%, gently shaking the bag every minute, for 2 minutes or until toasted. Set aside.
- Uncover the chicken and arrange in a single layer. Cook, uncovered, on Medium/500watts/50% for 8 minutes. Rearrange the chicken by placing the centre pieces to the outer edge of the dish. Cook, uncovered, on Medium/500watts/50% for a further 7 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, place the dish with the leftover sauce in the microwave and cook, uncovered, on High/800watts/100% for 4 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Wash the choy sum and place in a freezer or storage bag and twist the opening to close. Cook on High/800watts/100% for 2 minutes or until bright green and tender.
- To serve, divide steamed rice and choy sum among serving bowls. Thickly slice the soy chicken across the grain and arrange over rice. Drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
Nutritions of Soy chicken with choy sumfatContent: 435.458 calories
saturatedFatContent: 7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 44 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 38 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 46 grams protein