Crunch through this combo of fruit, vegies and chicken for a nutrient-packed dinner.
The ingredient of Celery, apple and chicken salad
- Olive oil spray
- 3 (about 500g) single chicken breast fillets
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 125ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 4 large celery sticks, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 red apples, quartered, cored, cut into thin wedges
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch continental parsley, leaves picked
The instruction how to make Celery, apple and chicken salad
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil spray to lightly grease. Place over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Cut the chicken across the grain into 1cm-thick slices.
- Meanwhile, place the egg yolk, lemon juice and mustard in the bowl of a food processor and process until well combined. With the motor running, gradually add the oil in a thin steady stream until the mixture is thick and pale. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the celery, apple, radish and parsley in a large bowl and gently toss to combine. Divide among serving bowls. Top with the chicken and drizzle over the dressing. Season with pepper and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Celery, apple and chicken saladfatContent: 437.609 calories
saturatedFatContent: 32 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 8 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 29 grams protein
sodiumContent: 110 milligrams cholesterol