Create an easy, crunchy coating for chicken using polenta flavoured with a hint of parmesan.
The ingredient of Polenta-coated chicken
- 6 single chicken breast fillets
- 255g (1 1/2 cups) polenta (cornmeal)
- 40g (1/2 cup) grated Parmesan
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 110g (3/4 cup) plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 185mls (3/4 cup) olive oil, for cooking chicken
The instruction how to make Polenta-coated chicken
- Trim the chicken breast fillets and cut across the grain into 3cm wide pieces. Combine polenta, Parmesan, salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl and mix well. Place flour into a separate bowl. Place eggs into a small bowl, add the water and whisk lightly to combine. Toss each chicken piece in the flour to coat lightly. Dip into the eggwash and then coat with the polenta mixture.
- Heat 60mls (1/4 cup) of the olive oil in a large heavy-based frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 1/3 of the polenta coated chicken pieces and cook for 2 minutes each side or until lightly golden and just cooked through. Drain on paper towels and cool to room temperature. Repeat with the remaining oil and chicken pieces. Place in an airtight container and keep in the fridge until required.
Nutritions of Polenta-coated chickenfatContent: 722.736 calories
saturatedFatContent: 36 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 43 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 55 grams protein
sodiumContent: 196 milligrams cholesterol