The ingredient of Teriyaki chicken & vegetable skewers
- 6 (about 500g) chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 large red capsicum, halved, deseeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 6 green shallots, cut into 5cm lengths
- 125ml (1/2 cup) teriyaki marinade
- 420g (2 cups) white long-grain rice
- Vegetable oil, for greasing
The instruction how to make Teriyaki chicken & vegetable skewers
- Soak the skewers in cold water for 10 minutes (this prevents the skewers from burning during cooking). Drain and pat dry with paper towel.
- Thread the chicken, capsicum, zucchini and green shallots alternately onto the skewers. Place in a large, shallow non-aluminium dish and pour the teriyaki marinade over. Turn the skewers to coat in the marinade. Cover and place in the fridge for 10 minutes (or 1 hour if time permits) to marinate.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice in a medium saucepan following packet directions using the absorption method.
- Brush a chargrill or heavy-based frying pan lightly with the oil to grease and heat over high heat. Drain the skewers, reserving the marinade. Reduce heat to medium and add 1/2 the skewers. Cook, brushing often with the reserved marinade, for 3-4 minutes each side or until the chicken is cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining skewers. Serve the skewers with the rice.
Nutritions of Teriyaki chicken & vegetable skewersfatContent: 615.903 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 88 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 32 grams protein
sodiumContent: 99 milligrams cholesterol