Looking for interesting ways to increase your vegie intake? Try this healthy chicken and vegetable bake!
The ingredient of Chicken and vegetable bake
- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 red onions, cut into thin wedges
- 4 large roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1cm pieces
- 250g flat mushrooms, stems trimmed, sliced
- 4 (125g each) chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 150g baby spinach
The instruction how to make Chicken and vegetable bake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Spray an ovenproof casserole dish with oil. Combine garlic, onions, tomatoes, eggplant and mushrooms in dish. Spray with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cover. Bake for 20 minutes. Stir vegetables. Return to oven, placing a baking tray on shelf above vegetables. Heat tray for 3 minutes or until hot.
- Spray both sides of chicken with oil. Remove tray from oven and spray lightly with oil. Place chicken on hot tray. Bake chicken, above vegetables, for 12 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken from oven. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Meanwhile, turn oven off. Leave vegetables in oven.
- Stir spinach into vegetables. Spoon vegetables into bowls. Thickly slice chicken. Season with pepper. Serve with vegetables.
Nutritions of Chicken and vegetable bakefatContent: 198.37 calories
saturatedFatContent: 3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 7 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 34 grams protein
sodiumContent: 74 milligrams cholesterol