Take soups from starters to the main event with this tasty Asian-inspired recipe.
The ingredient of Chicken and pistachio coconut broth
- 250g pistachios, shelled
- 2 x 400ml cans coconut milk
- 2 1/2 cups (375ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 3 fresh small red chillies, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 750g chicken breast fillets, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 5 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
The instruction how to make Chicken and pistachio coconut broth
- Cook the pistachios in 1 cup (250ml) of boiling water. Drain and set aside to cool. Rub to remove the skins and pat dry. Place the pistachios in a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Place the coconut milk, chicken stock, chilli and ground pistachios in a saucepan. Stir over low heat until combined. Add the chicken and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through. Stir through the kaffir lime leaves. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Chicken and pistachio coconut brothfatContent: 881.193 calories
saturatedFatContent: 67 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 34 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 9 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 58 grams protein
sodiumContent: 111 milligrams cholesterol