Sick of the usual roast chicken? This Sunday give this tarragon and lemon-scented version with red onions and green olives a go.
The ingredient of Tarragon and lemon roasted chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (about 200g each) chicken marylands
- 500g kipfler potatoes, halved lengthways
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 cup (160g) pimento stuffed green olives
- 1 bunch tarragon, leaves picked
- 125ml (1/2 cup) dry white wine
- 250ml (1 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- Steamed green beans, to serve
The instruction how to make Tarragon and lemon roasted chicken
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Heat oil in a large flameproof baking pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate. Add the potatoes to the pan and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until browned. Return the chicken to the pan with lemon and onion wedges. Sprinkle with olives and half the tarragon. Pour in the wine and bring to the boil. Remove from heat. Add the chicken stock.
- Cook in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and tender. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with remaining tarragon and serve immediately with steamed green beans, if desired.
Nutritions of Tarragon and lemon roasted chickenfatContent: 325.518 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 17 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 27 grams protein
sodiumContent: 102 milligrams cholesterol