Get out the chopsticks and dive into a bowl of authentic tasting Pad Thai.
The ingredient of Chicken and Prawn Pad Thai
- 375g rice stick noodles
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 teaspoons tamarind puree
- 60ml (1/4 cup) peanut oil
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 green shallots, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 (about 250g) single chicken breast fillet, thinly sliced
- 200g small cooked peeled prawns
- 2-3 tablespoons grated palm sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2-3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 125g bean shoots
- 75g (1/2 cup) roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, rinsed, coarsely chopped
- 1 fresh red chilli, thinly sliced, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken and Prawn Pad Thai
- Place the noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside for 5 minutes or until tender. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well.
- Combine the water and tamarind in a bowl.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a wok over high heat until just smoking. Pour the egg into the wok and swirl to cover the base. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden underneath and just set. Turn onto a clean work surface.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok until just smoking. Add the garlic and shallots, stir-fry for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until just cooked. Add the prawns and noodles and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Add the tamarind mixture, sugar, lime juice and fish sauce and stir-fry for 1 minute or until well combined. Add the bean shoots and toss until just combined. Remove from heat.
- Cut the omelette into thin slices. Spoon the pad Thai among serving plates. Sprinkle with peanuts, coriander and chilli. Top with omelette strips.
Nutritions of Chicken and Prawn Pad ThaifatContent: 610.645 calories
saturatedFatContent: 28 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 53 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 13 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 34 grams protein
sodiumContent: 210 milligrams cholesterol