This colourful chicken salad makes the perfect lunch on hot summer days.
The ingredient of Chicken and sweetcorn salad
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Bertolli extra-virgin olive oil
- 600g chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 1 baby cos lettuce, leaves torn
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 telegraph cucumber, diced
- 420g can sweet corn kernels, drained
- 1 orange, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
The instruction how to make Chicken and sweetcorn salad
- Preheat barbecue grill on medium-high heat. Drizzle 2 teaspoons oil over chicken and turn to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Cook chicken for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Thickly slice.
- Meanwhile, combine lettuce, capsicum, cucumber and corn in a large bowl. Whisk orange rind, 1/4 cup orange juice, chives and remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a jug. Season with salt and pepper. Pour half the dressing over salad and toss to combine.
- Divide salad between plates. Top with chicken and remaining dressing. Serve.
Nutritions of Chicken and sweetcorn saladfatContent: 307.832 calories
saturatedFatContent: 10 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 16 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 36 grams protein
sodiumContent: 88 milligrams cholesterol