Nourishment for the soul, healthy chicken soup invigorates both the body and mind.
The ingredient of Chicken garlic and herb broth
- 6 single clove garlic
- 1 litre (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 150ml dry white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 bunch fresh continental parsley
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 roast chicken
- Grated parmesan, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken garlic and herb broth
- Carefully press on the garlic cloves to bruise. Place the garlic, stock, wine and 300ml water in a saucepan. Add the bay leaves, thyme, rosemary and 8 parsley stalks to the pan. Season with a little pepper. Bring to the boil over a high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Strain into a clean saucepan and discard the herbs and garlic.
- Remove the skin and bones from the chicken and shred the meat. Finely chop the remaining parsley leaves. Add the chicken and parsley to the stock, and stir over a medium heat until heated through. Serve topped with grated parmesan.
Nutritions of Chicken garlic and herb brothfatContent: 305.92 calories
saturatedFatContent: 20 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 7 grams carbohydrates