Lower GI entertaining can still be delicious, eye-catching and satisfying - for everyone.
The ingredient of Chicken and vegetable casserole
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 8 Steggles skinless chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, halved
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 medium leek, trimmed, halved, washed, roughly chopped
- 3 cups Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, chopped
- 1 medium turnip, trimmed, peeled, chopped
- 600g nicola potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 dried bay leaves
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 75g baby spinach
The instruction how to make Chicken and vegetable casserole
- Place flour and chicken in a bowl. Toss to coat. Remove chicken from bowl, shaking off excess flour. Spray a heavy-based saucepan with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 4 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Add leek and 1/2 cup stock to pan. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Add chicken, carrot, turnip, potato, thyme, bay leaves, wine and remaining stock. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Remove and discard bay leaves. Stir through spinach. Season with pepper. Serve.
Nutritions of Chicken and vegetable casserolefatContent: 293.731 calories
saturatedFatContent: 10.9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 16.2 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 25.5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 86 milligrams cholesterol