This casserole is simple to make, budget-friendly and pairs chicken with corn, which is a classic combination.
The ingredient of Chicken and corn casserole
- 2 tablespoons ricebran oil
- 1 onion, peeled, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 350g chicken breast fillet steak, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups white or brown rice, cooked
- 420g can creamed corn
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices of wholegrain bread, crust trimmed cut into 2cm cubes
- 3/4 cup grated tasty cheese
- 2 tablespoons ricebran oil, extra
- Green salad to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken and corn casserole
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Heat the ricebran oil in a large frying pan over a moderately high heat. Sautu00e9 the onion and garlic for 2 minutes or until translucent. Add the chicken, thyme and oregano and toss over the heat for 2 minutes or until the chicken begins to colour but is not cooked through. Transfer the onions and chicken to a large mixing bowl.
- Stir the rice and creamed corn into the chicken. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour the rice mixture into a greased, 8 cup capacity baking dish.
- Toss the bread cubes, cheese and extra oil together in a mixing bowl and scatter over the rice mixture evenly. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with a green salad.
Nutritions of Chicken and corn casserolefatContent: 592.003 calories
saturatedFatContent: 20 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 75 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 25 grams protein
sodiumContent: 46 milligrams cholesterol