Wine-poached chicken makes a perfect pasta partner with tender crisp asparagus.
The ingredient of Poached chicken and asparagus spaghetti
- 500ml (2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 500ml (2 cups) white wine (such as semillon sauvignon blanc)
- 1 leek, cut into quarters lengthways
- 1 lemon, cut into thin slices
- 3 sprigs fresh continental parsley
- 3 single chicken breast fillets
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Pauls extra light thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 400g dried thin spaghetti pasta
- 2 bunches asparagus, halved diagonally
- 230g (1 1/2 cups) fresh peas or frozen peas
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
The instruction how to make Poached chicken and asparagus spaghetti
- Combine the stock, wine, leek, lemon and parsley in a large frying pan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Add the chicken and reduce heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes. Set aside for 30 minutes to develop the flavours. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chicken to a clean work surface. Coarsely shred.
- Strain the poaching liquid through a fine sieve over a jug. Discard the leek, lemon and parsley. Return the liquid to the pan over high heat and bring to the boil. Boil for 25-30 minutes or until reduced to 80ml (1/3 cup). Transfer to a heatproof jug and set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Stir in the cream and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Add the asparagus and peas in the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain. Return to pan.
- Add the chicken and cream mixture to the pasta and toss until well combined. Divide among serving bowls. Top with parmesan to serve.
Nutritions of Poached chicken and asparagus spaghettifatContent: 583.16 calories
saturatedFatContent: 8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 79 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 42 grams protein