The ingredient of Sweet and sour chicken
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed of excess fat, cut into thin strips across the grain
- 400g pkt Asian stir-fry vegetables
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 225g can pineapple pieces, drained, juice reserved
- 1/3 cup (80ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60ml) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Steamed white rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Sweet and sour chicken
- Heat a large wok over high heat. Once the wok is hot, add 1 tablespoon of the oil and carefully swirl around to coat the side of the wok. Heat until very hot.
- Add one-third of the chicken to the wok. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until browned and chicken is cooked. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken in two more batches, reheating wok between each batch. Remove all chicken from wok.
- Combine cornflour with a little of the reserved pineapple juice. Mix until smooth. Stir in the remaining pineapple juice, water, tomato sauce, vinegar and sugar. Heat remaining oil in wok over medium-high heat. Add stir-fry mix and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender.
- Add sauce mixture to the wok and stir until comes to the boil and thickens. Toss in the chicken. Serve immediately with the rice.
Nutritions of Sweet and sour chickenfatContent: 314.524 calories
saturatedFatContent: 13 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 19 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 13 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 25 grams protein
sodiumContent: 99 milligrams cholesterol