Add some tropical flair to this tasty chicken salad with some fresh, seasonal pineapple.
The ingredient of Chicken and pineapple salad
- 2 single free range chicken breast fillets
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 pineapple, peeled, cut into thin 3cm pieces
- 2 celery stalks, cut into thin diagonal slices
- 2 tablespoons Heinz traditional egg mayonnaise
- 1 butter lettuce, leaves separated, washed
- 1/4 cup (30g) roughly chopped walnuts, toasted
The instruction how to make Chicken and pineapple salad
- Cut the chicken fillets in half lengthways. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate to cool slightly, then cut into thin slices.
- Combine the pineapple, celery, chicken and mayonnaise. Serve the salad in the lettuce leaves topped with walnuts.
Nutritions of Chicken and pineapple saladfatContent: 248.56 calories
saturatedFatContent: 15 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 5 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 24 grams protein
sodiumContent: 62 milligrams cholesterol