The Japanese have no qualms about slurping noodles loudly. So follow their lead - we think this is worth making noise about.
The ingredient of Chicken laksa soup
- 3 cups (750ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 125ml can coconut cream
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 (about 400g) chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 100g mung bean vermicelli noodles (cellophane or glass noodles)
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups (110g) bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup Vietnamese mint leaves
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Sambal oelek, to serve
- 2 dried chillies
- 1/2 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 lemongrass stalk, white part only, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (45g) candle or macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup Vietnamese mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons shrimp paste
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel
The instruction how to make Chicken laksa soup
- To make the laksa paste, place the dried chillies in a small heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside for 15 minutes to soften. Drain and coarsely chop. Place in the bowl of a food processor with the onion, ginger, garlic, lemongrass, nuts, mint, shrimp paste, paprika, turmeric, coriander, cumin, cinnamon and fennel and process until finely chopped and well combined.
- Heat a large saucepan over high heat. Add the laksa paste and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until aromatic. Add the chicken stock, coconut milk and cream and 3 of the kaffir lime leaves and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and add the chicken. Cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Add the sugar and lime juice and stir to combine.
- Place the noodles in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes to soak. Drain well.
- Finely shred the remaining lime leaf. Divide the noodles among serving bowls. Ladle over the soup and chicken. Top with bean sprouts, coriander, mint and kaffir lime leaf. Serve immediately with sambal oelek and lime wedges.
Nutritions of Chicken laksa soupfatContent: 562.606 calories
saturatedFatContent: 35 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 22 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 33 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 28 grams protein