It might sound fancy, but this succulent chicken tagine will take you only half an hour to get onto the table.
The ingredient of Chicken tagine with couscous
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (180g each) chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, halved
- 1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Moroccan spice mix
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 zucchini, halved, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken tagine with couscous
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan over high heat. Add chicken. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until light golden. Remove to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add spice mix. Cook for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Return chicken to pan. Add tomatoes, chickpeas and zucchini. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is tender and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, place 11/2 cups cold water in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in couscous. Cover and stand for 3 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir couscous with a fork to separate grains.
- Spoon couscous onto plates. Spoon over chicken tagine. Sprinkle with coriander. Serve.
Nutritions of Chicken tagine with couscousfatContent: 643.149 calories
saturatedFatContent: 20 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 64 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 46 grams protein
sodiumContent: 142 milligrams cholesterol