Roast chicken adds a wonderful flavour and texture to this satisfying comfort food
The ingredient of Chicken and vegetable pasta bake
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, ends trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 2 corncobs, husks and silk removed, kernels removed
- 2 zucchini, trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 300g dried risoni pasta
- 1 large Roast Chicken, skin and bones removed, meat shredded
- 90g (1 1/4 cups) fresh breadcrumbs (made from day-old bread)
- 80g (1 cup) coarsely grated cheddar
- 60g butter, coarsely chopped
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour
- 750ml (3 cups) milk, warmed
- 70g (2/3 cup) coarsely grated cheddar
The instruction how to make Chicken and vegetable pasta bake
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery, corn kernels, zucchini and garlic and cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are soft. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
- To make the bechamel sauce, melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until the mixture bubbles. Remove from heat. Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly until well combined. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens. Simmer, stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the cheddar.
- Preheat oven to 190u00b0C. Add the pasta, bechamel sauce and chicken to the zucchini mixture and stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the pasta mixture into a 3L (12-cup) capacity ovenproof dish.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and cheddar in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the pasta mixture. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Serve.
Nutritions of Chicken and vegetable pasta bakefatContent: 688.798 calories
saturatedFatContent: 26 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 13 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 52 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 58 grams protein
sodiumContent: 188 milligrams cholesterol